6/9/10

My Evening with Our Lady Peace

Ya...so it's been awhile. I have been so busy with my photography and our big life change. We have decided it's time to leave, on to better places, and definitely brighter futures. My mind and I have been trapped for too long. Plus I've photographed the f*** out of Fort Mac. So anyways, I've decided to take this blog and turn it into a photo blog, where I also share other interesting things with you from my world. Yes, I live in my own world, and it's fun here. So if you're interested to find out more about me, how my mind works, and my photography, stick around.

First of all, I would like to start with the fact that I finally met my heroes. Not only that, but the whole concert was just epic. I never truly knew what to expect, and his voice absolutely floored me. It was almost eerie. I loved it. Car Crash was phenomenal! Watching him meditate on using his falsetto was spiritual in itself. It was by far the best experience of my life. Not everybody gets to meet their heroes, AND see the album that changed their lives played in it's entirety WITH Raine Maida using his falsetto live. Not only is he my hero because he has made music that shaped my life and got me through some pretty horrible times, but also because he's a really amazing person. All the work he does with War Child, Busking for Change, etc.

 Ok, I am neglecting the rest of the band. Watching Steve play those songs...wow. That's pretty much all I can say to that. Amazing job considering he had what, 4 months to learn two albums? Watching Steve and Duncan play the Naveed intro together...well that just one of those things that makes life worth the ride. I can't even explain it. Let's not forget Jeremy, what an amazing drummer! I could actually see him play this time and it was great. Most people write off OLP as a teeny bopper emo band, because of how they've been popularized on Much Music with songs such as Life and Innocent. I prefer their raw, unknown music that hasn't been around since at least 2000, where Raine uses the full capabilities of his voice. If you're interested, check out Denied or Happiness and the Fish. Either way, they put on intense, get in your bones and make you feel alive shows, that also happen to be a completely personal experience.

 After the show, we are standing there, waiting....waiting...waiting to meet the band, with NO idea what to expect. It's our turn all of a sudden and I'm freaking out. Shaking all over.We get in and it's just like we are meeting random people, not one of Canada's biggest bands. They were so friendly and chatted with us for a bit. I gushed to Raine how this is a dream come true blah blah blah. Made a complete ass of myself.  Unfortunately, it was time to leave, but as we are leaving, Raine grabs my hand and looks me right in the eyes(mesmerizing by the way) and says, "It was really nice to meet you Ashley". Right there. That is when my life should have ended and I would have died completely happy.


                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment