6/18/10

Realism in Photography

 I had seen Dennis Hopper's work and knew he was an brilliant photographer, but hadn't really studied his work. After he died, I was intrigued to look into it more. As much as I love to work on, and edit photos, he has really inspired me to look more into the photo as it is, instead of what it can be in the end.  His sort of "realism" in photography shows the way things were and we have to trust photos of the past to do just that.

 So here is my collection of realism photos, inspired by Dennis Hopper. They in no way compare to his, but I tried anyways. All I've done to these photos, is add film filters, just to get the effect I wanted. I felt this had vintage written all over it, considering how fake everything is nowadays(including this! haha). So I wanted to use film. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

"I think of that with my photographs. I think of them as ‘found’ paintings because I don’t crop them, I don’t manipulate them or anything. So they’re like ‘found’ objects to me."-Dennis Hopper

Realism Photography









1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Ashley, I especially like the one with Shawn and Kaige, what a cool perspective, and the dandelion is just wicked! Great job, you are such a great photographer :) and not only photographer, artist!!!

    ReplyDelete