6/11/10

"The Great War of the Sky" Photos

 Last night, the sky was absolutely gorgeous while the rain came in. The only thing I like about Fort Mac, are the beautifully intense skies. I've never seen anything like it! Every night is a different show. I once even decided to take a picture every hour one night, and the sky had changed so dramatically in just 4 hours. So anyway, last night I could feel the storm coming for miles. Did you ever get that feeling? Maybe it's because I'm a water sign, but I can definitely sense the rain coming. I get this weird sense of calm, and my hair on the back of my neck stands up. Oh and the smell! I love sunny days, but I prefer the rain...

 I made myself a cup of tea and went to watch from the balcony, and I was right. Shortly after, it started to rain, and the following photos are what I captured. I did two versions, because I can't decide which one correctly captured my feelings at that moment.

Cross Processing Treatment


 I love the color version, because the colors were really amazing. The greys of the rain were really strong against the still blue sky, and rays of sun still fighting off any darkness coming that way. So I do think this one is the strongest photo of the two, but let's take a look at the black and white one. You know what a sucker for black and white I am, plus b/w photos of nature are very rare these days.

Black and White Treatment


 See, I also like the black and white one, because it really, REALLY shows the darkness that was taking over. The pure black clouds are the focus of the photo here, as you can barely even notice the sun rays, and you can't see that the sky is still blue.

 So, any feedback is welcome, as long as it's not completely rude. I also invite you to visit my collection in my gallery called Northern Skies. It contains all of my skyscapes from Fort Mac and surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment