9/6/10

All in the Golden Afternoon

 Are you living, or just existing?
So my blog posts have sucked for this summer, but hey, I'm happy to say I've been doing some living and too busy to sit on the computer. My husband and I are having troubles figuring out where to settle down. Every area that we like is missing something we want in our lives. Then there's everyone trying to tell us what to do. Blah. So anyways, we have been driving all over NS exploring. It's been a blast. The other day was the most perfect day in existence! We got up early and drove along the fundy shore (where my family is from) Our destination was the Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens. We stopped in Yarmouth and raided Frenchy's of course. We make a point to stop at every one we find. So far my treasures have been a wicked pair of heels from Chinese Laundry for 4.75, and a pair of authentic UGGs for 5.50. Oh ya, and a "vintage"copy of Bridget Jones' Diary. Score! Especially since we decided to leave our TV, etc in Fredericton for some quality time. Then, we continued through on the scenic route and drove along the coast. We drove through Saulnierville, where I'm guessing my family started. That was very cool to see.

 We stopped in Digby, and decided against spending all of our money on "World Famous" scallops, so we stopped by the Fisherman's Wharf for some photos. Once we arrived at the gardens, I was more excited than a child at Christmas. As we walked through the antique rose bushes, and the Victorian style gardens, I felt exactly like Alice! It was amazing. We spent the whole day there. After, while Shawn ran in to the honest-to-goodness German bakery to get yummy pretzels, I burned a CD with my fav mellow tunes for the drive home. On the way home, it started to rain. Then we got home, put the boys to bed and snuggled up with a bottle of red and an episode of Mad Men playing on the computer. Ahhh, perfect happiness. I hope you enjoy the photos!


All in the golden afternoon
Full leisurely we glide;
For both our oars, with little skill,
By little arms are plied,
While little hands make vain pretense
Our wanderings to guide.
 
Lewis Carroll




























2 comments: