2/10/11

52/48 Paint Brush

 So, I have this favorite poem from when I was about 12 years old, from those Chicken Soup for the Soul books. It's about being self conscious, and using a paint brush to cover up the real you so no one else can see. If you know me at all, you know that I prefer myself with makeup on, and have since I was 12-13. Not in a conceited, vain way, but more of a self conscious, I hate the way I look without it, kinda way. I use my face as a canvas. I love to experiment with colors, and it also usually suits how I feel that day. So if it's black, stay away, because I'm in a foul mood!

 I'm the kind of girl that wears make up on a 5 km hike, out four wheeling, or even to the store in the morning. If you've seen me without makeup, consider yourself  lucky! Which brings us to the poem, and my weekly photo. I've done this photo before, back when I had less resources and knowledge, and I HATED the way it turned out. With this one, I had to use my broken camera, so it's kind of out of focus, and not really what I wanted, but I'm gonna go with it and accept it for what it is. I think it adds character to the photo. Defintely shows who I am. Broken and out of focus! Haha. By the way, I don't feel about it as emo as the poem suggests, so I'm not posting the whole thing...

 52/48 Paint Brush

I keep my paint brush with me
Wherever I may go,
In case I need to cover up
So the real me doesn't show.



No comments:

Post a Comment